On vacation in South Africa

Ever since I set my first step onto South African soil I am head over heels in love and visit over and over again. I read a zillion books on sunset beach while waiting for my boyfriend now husband to come back out of the icy cold ocean and got uncountable times sandblasted by the Cape Doctor, the strong wind coming from the south-east. I got married on a yacht in Cape Town, made friends, bought a Land Rover, visited big parts of the country, stayed at stylishly decorated B&B's, had feasts at outstanding restaurants, and as many braais aka BBQ's at a campfire. I ate a lot of dust and camped in the wilderness, I sometimes did not take a shower for a few days, I went to a wedding at a winery, bathed in rivers, walked lonely trails, and I had diarrhoea only once (is this too much info?) during all the time I spent in South Africa.

I talk to many people and even every single animal I meet, I am not embarrassed by it at all. And I wave at any stranger I pass by on the in most cases long and empty roads. I often wonder where these guys are coming from, they always wave back ... I love South Africa.


South Africa, Kalahari super market, Northern Cape, Postal Agency, grocery shop, yellow door


South Africa, Land Rover, Defender, open space, nature, view


Cape Town, South Africa, Bo-Kaap, Land Rover, Defender


South Africa, ocean, DE Mond Nature Reserve, Overberg, flamingo, open space, nature, wildlife


South Africa, Cape Town, Helicopter ride, Table Mountain, V&A Waterfront


South Africa, Western Cape, Bird Feather


South Africa, Karoo Style, Matches, Red lamp


South Africa, Karoo style, green window


Cape Town, South Africa, Kirstenbosch summer concert series, outdoor, picnic.


South Africa, wildlife, Ground Squirrels, Northern Cape, Kgalagadi National Park

From Berlin With Love